Maintaining a precast septic tank is essential for ensuring it functions properly and lasts for years to come. Regular maintenance can help to avoid costly repairs or replacements. Here are some tips to help ensure your precast septic tank remains in good condition:
- Inspect the green poly risers and green poly lids of the tank annually for any cracks or damage.
- Clean out the tank every two to three years. This process should involve removing any built-up sludge or solids and replacing the tank lid.
- Ensure the tank is not overloaded with waste. If the tank is too full, it can cause the system to become overwhelmed and lead to backups or system failure.
- Make sure there is adequate drainage around the tank to prevent flooding or waterlogging.
- If you have a Hoot Aerobic Treatment System (Class 1), check the vent cap on the poly riser lid to ensure it is not blocked by debris and clean the aerator air filter every 6 months.
- If you notice any strange noises coming from the tank, contact a professional for assistance.
By following these tips, you can help to ensure your precast septic tank is properly maintained and functioning as it should. If you have any questions or concerns about your tank, it is best to contact a professional septic tank installer for assistance.